We are Pennypot Dental Practice Ltd operating at:
- Pennypot Dental Hythe, 1 Martello Drive, Hythe, Kent. CT21 6PH email@example.com
- Pennypot Dental New Romney, 17 Littlestone Road, New Romney, Kent. TN28 8LN
- Pennypot Dental Hawkinge, 90 Canterbury Road, Hawkinge, Folkestone, Kent. CT18 7BN
- Pennypot Dental Deal, 234 Dover Road, Walmer, Deal, Kent. CT14 7NE
- Pennypot Dental Ashford, 1 Commercial Quarter, 1 Dover Place, Ashford, Kent. TN23 1FB
Naishad Patel is responsible for keeping secure the information that we hold about you. Those at the practice who have access to your information include dentists and other dental professionals involved with your care and treatment, and the reception staff responsible for the management and administration of the practice.
Our data protection officer, Naishad Patel, ensures that the practice complies with data protection requirements to ensure that we collect, use, store and dispose of your information responsibly. You can contact our data protection officer by emailing the practice.
Keeping Your Information Safe
We store your personal information securely on our practice computer system and in a manual filing system. Your information cannot be accessed by those who do not work at the practice; only those working at the practice have access to your information.
They understand their legal responsibility to maintain confidentiality and follow practice procedures to ensure this.
We take precautions to ensure security of the practice premises, the practice filing systems and computers.
We use high-quality specialist dental software to record and use your personal information safely and effectively. Our computer system has a secure audit trail and we back-up information routinely.
We use cloud computing facilities for storing some of your information. The practice has a rigorous agreement with our provider to ensure that we meet the obligations described in this policy and that we keep your information securely.
We keep your records for 10 years after the date of your last visit to the Practice or until you reach the age of 25 years, whichever is the longer.
At your request, we will delete non-essential information (for example some contact details) before the end of this period.
Access To Your Information And Other Rights
You have a right to access the information that we hold about you and to receive a copy. Access may be obtained by making a request in writing to Naishad Patel.
You can also request us to:
- Correct any information that you believe is inaccurate or incomplete. If we have disclosed that information to a third party, we will let them know about the change.
- Erase some of the information we hold. For legal reasons, we may be unable to erase certain information (for example, information about your dental treatment). However, we can, if you ask us to, delete some contact details and other non-clinical information.
- Stop using your information – for example, sending you reminders for appointments or information about our service. Even if you have given us consent to send you marketing information, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
- Stop using information if you believe the information is inaccurate or you believe we are using your information illegally.
- Supply your information electronically to another dentist.
If we are relying on your consent to use your personal information for a particular purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop using your information for that purpose.
All requests should be made to Naishad Patel at the practice email address.
If you do not wish us to use your personal information as described, you should discuss the matter with your dentist. If you object to the way that we collect and use your information, we may not be able to continue to provide your dental care.
If you have any concerns about how we use your information and you do not feel able to discuss it with your dentist or anyone at the practice, you should contact
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF (0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745).